"Hot? You dare insult me? I am cold, Leo Valdez. Very, very cold,"
Khione is the Greek goddess of snow, daughter of Boreas, god of the North Wind, and sister of Zethes and Calais. She is depicted as a goddess in the series, while in mythology she is visualized as a snow nymph. Her Roman form, Chione, is sometimes used as merely an alternative way of spelling her name.
Khione is the daughter of Boreas, the North Wind and Oreithyia, whom he abducted. She was loved by Poseidon and had him a son, Eumolpus. In fear of her father's wrath, she cast the child in the sea, but Poseidon saved him and entrusted him to the care of Benthesikyme. The Eumolpidae in charge of the Eleusinian mysteries claimed descent from her, as the mother of Eumolpus with Poseidon. She was hardly ever represented in Greek or Roman mythology
Khione is is very beautiful and proud-looking. Her skin is unnaturally white and pale, like snow. She has lush black hair and cold coffee brown eyes. She wears a white silk dress. Khione, unlike her brothers and father, has no wings
- Possesses the standard powers of a goddess.
- Cryokinesis: As the goddess of snow, she has divine authority and absolute control over ice, snow, and cold.
- Can turn humans or demigods into ice. Anyone who goes near the ice statue will possibly be frozen as well, hinted at the end of The Lost Her
- She can make something grow colder and colder to the point where it feels like it's burning.
- Can make icy wind blow something out of the air.
- Can turn herself into anything associated with snow.
- She has the ability to create something similar to a nuclear blast, only instead of heat it is made of cold.
- She can summon very violent blizzards and other snow-associated calamities with a wave of her hand.
- Aerokinesis: As the daughter of Boreas, she can control and manipulate the wind.
- It is also possible that she can fly or levitate herself with wind, like Jason, since her father is a wind god and one of her spheres of control is icy winter winds.
- She can speak fluent French, although this is because her father is based in Quebec.
- She can do something similar to charmspeak by whispering in people's ears. She can do this because, as stated at the Wolf House, her voice is 'like snow, soft, and very cold', and because she is only confirming peoples' greatest fears.
- Since a god's Divine Form is able to melt snow, it is unknown whether she has one.
- In The Lost Hero, the blizzard she summoned at Pike's Peak was believed to be the reason why Jason couldn't summon lightning.
- She can sense fire- at least in people- as she did with Leo Valdez.